*Kristens iBlog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

American Top 12 - Who's to blame for Idols' Less than Stellar performances?

  Ok , so it has been a few weeks into the competition.  We all watched and waited thru Holly-Wood week.  We relished the cuts as the judges (our old favorites as well as one new addition) made their final decisions in the nail-biter of a week as the final 24 were chosen to preview and "dazzle" us this season.
  Well. Are you "dazzled"? or dumb-founded?  I'm putting it right out there on the line to all of my loyal followers of this site- What is going on this Season??.  I love the show, love Ryan, but where are our "wow" moments??  I wait week after week only to be a bit disappointed by the performances.  I actually look forward to the elimination nights just to see some progress!!  Let's admit Ellen Degeneres started out like a fish out of water.  She just did not deliver what producers and the audience were hoping she would.... Until now, Ellen is giving us the "comedic" relief we've been waiting for.  Thanks Ellen!!  We love you.....
  But where are the Kelly's, Carrie's, Daughtery's and Lambert's.???  Where are our beloved new personalities who come onto the stage and show us stardom?  Where is the next American Idol??  I'm not even sure he or she is part of the season.  I'm afraid the right people were cut during Hollywood week or even worse yet- what if they were not even at Hollywood - what if they were left behind?
  I'm keeping my fingers (and eyes) crossed fans of Idol. But I truly believe that the disappointing reviews that the Judges keep handing out to the contestants week after week may be their own fault.  Yes, I said it, and you've heard it here first.  Have the Judges lost their touch? Did they miss that "diamond" in the rough? Will this season deliver an awesome American Idol or just deliver disappointment.  Stay tuned and stay positive this is truly a different kind of season for American Idol. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment